Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nostradamus and the Ancient Art of Scrying

Nostradamus, who predicted the manner of his own death, was a superior scryer and practiced the ancient psychic art. Nostradamus used only a bowl of clear water to induce visions, not a crystal ball. He gazed deeply, then wrote about what he saw. Given his written prophecies, the famous Quatrains, he must have received both visions and interpretations. Exactly how he worked no one knows for sure except that he did use a bowl of clear water on a tripod for gazing. And we know that late nights he retired alone to his room for psychic meditation work, to gain the prophesies he wrote about in cryptic fashion so that political powers would not require his head.

Even as a young boy I was attracted to the crystal ball. So after I’d been in psychic development for many months, before becoming a professional psychic consultant, I read a book on “scrying”. I read that a quartz crystal ball was best, Brazilian with few or no flaws or bubbles. A friend of mine in “The Work” happened to have such a ball and loaned it to me. Deep concentration was required but my book warned to NOT overdo it, NOT go beyond ten minutes when first working with the potent energy of the crystal.

Being the zealous sort, and knowing from the book what to expect, I did heavy concentration for prolonged periods of time. Finally, one fateful session, the ball began to cloud up. The book said that would happen just before a vision appeared IN the ball. As the cloud began to clear, and a picture began to form, I felt a great strain and experienced a sudden visual distortion and pain behind my eyes that caused me to think I might have a stroke or die! I cannot describe the exact scrambled way my eyes saw, but it was terrifying! All I could think to do was get into the Rabbit Yogic Position and with tightly closed eyes and hold my head in my hands until the attack passed.                          

It may have taken twenty minutes for the terrifying episode to pass. NEVER AGAIN did I try that. But in a class I taught in the Evening College at Michigan State, I successfully guided a group of students to see into the crystal ball, the very ball I hurt myself with. Half the class, maybe fifteen students, gathered around the ball. The other half stayed back in the front row.

I guided them in the procedure, careful to not participate, then the most amazing event took place. Some of the students at the ball and others back started laughing and talking about the little man with the big nose walking around inside the crystal ball! Everyone saw the same vision, a kind of collective clairvoyance. That ended my experiments with the crystal ball that I now use as a desk ornament. 


Information Regarding Psychic Readings by  Richard Lee Van Der Voort, M.A.                    
Professional Psychic since 1975                           
For more Blogs, Books ad Psychic Services,
and Psychicmind.vandervoort231@gmail.com                  
for e-mail

4 comments:

  1. I recently saw a show on Nostradamus, on the History Channel. The documentary depicted him pouring an unknown black liquid into his scrying bowl. My guess is that it is ink, or a watered down paint. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently saw a show on Nostradamus, on the History Channel. The documentary depicted him pouring an unknown black liquid into his scrying bowl. My guess is that it is ink, or a watered down paint. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wrong, Nostradamus used a bowl filled with water which he added ink and herbs. No one today knows how he did it b/c he burned all his notes on how he did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wrong, Nostradamus used a bowl filled with water which he added ink and herbs. No one today knows how he did it b/c he burned all his notes on how he did it.

    ReplyDelete